16 Aug 2016
Six Sydney Restaurants Where Chef Marinka Loves To Eat
People always ask chefs where they like to eat. We sat down with celebrity chef Rinrin Marinka recently and grilled her about her favourite spots in Sydney, where she spent years living and studying. Chef Marinka earned a Diploma in French Cuisine and Patisserie at Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Sydney in 2004. The energetic chef went on to become a judge for MasterChef Indonesia and Junior MasterChef Indonesia from 2011 to 2014. The food-passionate 36-year-old, whose real name is Maria Irene Susanto, reminisced about vibrant and cosmopolitan Sydney and recommended these six spots:
- Harry's Café de Wheels in Woolloomooloo - one of Sydney’s iconic eateries that serves mushy peas, mashed potatoes and brown gravy all piled on top of a meat pie. Chef Marinka’s favourite is the original Tiger.http://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/
- Gozleme - a traditional Turkish dish at Glebe Markets. Gozleme is a pastry with a savoury filling of feta cheese and spinach with lemon wedges.
- Superbowl - a Cantonese restaurant in the heart of Chinatown.
- Pancakes on the Rocks - a family restaurant famous for its legendary pancakes.http://www.pancakesontherocks.com.au/
- Ayam Goreng 99 in Kingsford - a popular Indonesian eatery that serves moist and aromatic grilled, fried and Kalasan style chicken.
- Nasi Uduk Jakarta in Kingsford - specialises in scented coconut rice, shredded omelet and a selection of side dishes such as fried chicken, sweet and spicy fried beef and basil leaves.https://www.facebook.com/NasiUdukJakartaSydney/?fref=nf