Candidates from Geographic Focus Area
The English Language Training Assistance (ELTA) program is designed to support applicants from East Nusa Tenggara, West Nusa Tenggara, Papua and West Papua who fulfil the scholarship criteria but whose English language skills are below the minimum requirement of IELTS 5.0. This training aims to increase English language proficiency in four areas - listening, reading, writing and speaking.
The training also aims to develop academic skills, effective independent learning techniques, general and relevant subject-specific English, as well as improving confidence in communicating in English in an academic environment or a broader social context.
In addition, the training also encompasses test strategies to achieve an IELTS score that meets the requirement of the 2017-2018 Australia Awards Scholarships. This training is facilitated by teachers from the Indonesia Australia Language Foundation Bali (IALF).
This program is also open for applicants with disabilities. Adjustments will be made so that participants with disabilities can participate in the selection process. If they pass, Australia Awards will provide additional support during the duration of the training according to the person's disability.
The ELTA program will be conducted over 12 weeks comprising five full days a week, during office hours.
Applicants must meet these requirements:
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a maximum scale of 4.0;
- Attach a proof of English language proficiency (if available).
When applying, applicants must attach:
- The application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of the academic transcript
- Proof of TOEFL/IELTS test results (if available)
- A permission letter from your supervisor supporting your participation in this program
- A copy of your national ID (KTP)
- A disability information form for applicants with disabilities
- A doctor's note for applicants with disabilities (if available)
Registration for ELTA 2016 closed on 30 April 2016. For more information about ELTA, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org