Type of Awards
Australia Awards Scholarships provide citizens of Indonesia with the opportunity to obtain a Masters or PhD/Doctorate degree from an Australian tertiary institution.
- The maximum duration for a Masters degree program is two years.
- Masters degree programs may be offered by coursework, by research or by a combination of coursework and research. Masters by research or a combination of coursework and research should be offered only to those applicants who have demonstrated the need for high-level research skills in order to undertake research or teaching or to supervise researchers upon their return home.
- Double Masters degrees are permitted only when both are included in the institution's original offer and both courses can be completed within two years.
- Applicants wishing to undertake a Masters by research must investigate an appropriate supervisor. Australian university websites identify the institution’s areas of research strength. Applicants should supply evidence of past research undertaken and highlight outcomes.
- The maximum duration for a PhD is four years.
- Study for the doctorate degree (PhD) may be subject to partner government approval. Normally, approval is given only where the applicant occupies or is expected to occupy a senior position requiring individual research or the supervision and training of other researchers in a research organisation (e.g., a university or research centre) in the applicant’s home country.
Length of Study and Course Options
Scholarships will be available for full-time study of an Australian post-graduate qualification for the minimum period required to complete the award through the relevant Australian university, selected from Australian Government contracted universities.
There are a number of supplementary programs associated with Australia Awards Scholarships in Indonesia including the Allison Sudradjat Prize and Hadi Soesastro Prize.