Candidates with Disabilities
The English Language Training Assistance program (ELTA) is designed to support applicants with disabilities who fulfil the scholarship criteria but whose English language proficiency skills are below the minimum requirement of IELTS 5.0 for the Australia Awards Scholarships application. This training aims to increase the English language proficiency in four areas of skills (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
This training also aims to develop academic skills; effective independent learning techniques; general and relevant subject-specific English; as well as improving the confidence in communicating in English, be it in an academic environment or within a broader social context.
In addition, the training also encompasses test-taking strategies to achieve an IELTS score that fulfils the application requirement of the 2017-2018 Australia Awards Scholarships phase. This training is facilitated by teachers from the Indonesia Australia Language Foundation Bali (IALF).
Adjustments will be made so that participants with disabilities can participate in the selection process. If they pass, Australia Awards will provide additional support during the duration of the training according to the person's disability.
ELTA will be conducted across a 12-week duration. The training timeframe: full-day trainings, five days a week, during office hours.
Applicants must fulfil these following requirements:
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a maximum scale of 4.0;
- Attach a proof of English language proficiency (if available).
When applying, applicants must attach:
- The application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of the academic transcript
- Proof of TOEFL/IELTS test results, if available
- A permission letter from your supervisor supporting your participation in this program
- A copy of your national ID (KTP)
- A disability information form for applicants with disabilities
- A doctor's note for applicants with disabilities (if available)
Registration for ELTA 2016 was closed on 30 April 2016. For more information about ELTA, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org