24 July 2019
AKATARA: a renewable energy card game for students in East Nusa Tenggara
More than 120 students in the island of Sumba, East Nusa Tenggara, are having fun while learning abo... Read More
18 Apr 2019
Project Leader: Faisal Yusuf
University of Origin: Bachelor, La Trobe University
Collaborating Organisations: Bogor - Government Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD Bogor - Badan Penanggulangan Bencana Daerah)
Project Locations : Cibogor Sub-District, Bogor Tengah District, Bogor City.
Activity Type : Community development activities
Sector : Environment Management
Waste is an unresolved problem in the city of Bogor in West Java.
- The total volume of garbage as many as 2,900 M3 / day or equivalent to 600 tons / day produced by households is 60% and the remaining 40% is produced by the market and industry, and only 70% can be transported to the Final Disposal Site (TPA) while the rest is still a big problem due to the fact that some in the form of a pile (becomes a smell and a source of disease) or is wasted drifting into drains that are carried up to the river, and pollutes along the river and clogs downstream (in Depok, Jakarta and Tangerang ) The worst impact, garbage is the biggest contributor to the occurrence of floods, especially in the lower reaches of the river.
- Waste management using the "final dump site" requires waste to be disposed of to the final disposal site ( TPA) namely in the Galuga area of Bogor Regency. This, in addition to requiring expensive transportation facilities, also often creates disputes with the community and the Bogor Regency Government.
- Waste problems occur due to the lack of optimal awareness and technical capabilities of the community and government apparatus on productive waste management based on active community participation.
The project will reduce the amount of waste by 30% in Kelurahan ( sub-district) Cibogor through developing Joint Business Group of Waste Management(KUB) that transform waste as a source of disaster and pollution to productive economic sources through:
Community of Cibogor Sub-District, Bogor Tengah District, Bogor City as a model for ongoing projects, both from the environmental aspects (disaster), education and economic aspects.
Priority Development Area:
Human development for a productive and healthy society
Links with Australia:
Share this article on: